Dog Sets Fire To House
Ok … Maybe the dog didn’t set fire to the house – but its water bowl did!
Or so the Seattle fire department say.
A partially filled glass water bowl suspended over the wooden deck appears to have been just the right shape and distance from the deck when the sun reached exactly the right angle to cause a concentration of suns rays. As every kid knows, if you concentrate the rays of the sun you can burn a hole.
The family was out when the glass bowl on the wire stand appears to have caused the fire. The neighbours alerted to rising smoke were able call the fire brigade in time to limit the damage – however, the estimated cost of the fire is reported to be $215,000.
Although an unusual occurrence, it is not unheard of for fires to be caused by water bowls and even plastic water bottles. So if you have a clear glass bowl or clear plastic bowl for your pets – make sure you don’t leave them in the sun!