Quaker Parrot Saves Baby From Choking.
Willie the parrot proves to worth his weight in gold when his watchful eye noticed 2 year-old Hannah choking. With no one else around Willie rushed to raise the alarm screaming and repeating “mama baby.”
Meagan the sitter was in the bathroom when her parrot Willie raised the alarm. She had never heard him behave like that before and came running to see what was going on.
Hannah was starting to turn blue as she choked on her pop-tart. One Heimlich later and Hannah was safe.
Samantha Kuusk the mother of Hannah was very relieved and I am sure a little surprised to hear who the hero of the day was. The combination of a watchful and very smart Quaker Parrot and a baby sitter who knew how to respond saved Hannah’s life. Meagan doubted she would have found Hannah in time had it not been for Willie as the child was already turning blue when Meagan responded to the alarm.
Teach your Quaker Parrot to talk today – you never know who’s life it may save.