And The Top Five Most Intelligent Breeds Of Dog Are:
- Number five on the list of most intelligent dogs is the Doberman.It is important that the Doberman is trained early on in its life, as they can be quite temperamental.If they are trained they can be great family dogs and really good with children despite their reputation. They are highly intelligent, and like many intelligent dogs are very protective of their master and family.
- Number four is the Golden Retriever, which is often regarded as one of the most popular breeds of dog. They are great with children and are a very loyal and loving dog. It is not uncommon to see Golden Retrievers winning dog competitions where intelligence is of importance.
- Number three on our list is a dog that is often associated with police work. Yes, it’s the German Shepherd, and it is chosen for its police work due to its intelligence. They make great family dogs and love children. They need to be kept busy with work or some form of stimulation otherwise they can become depressed and unhappy. They need to know who their master is from a young age to ensure both they and the family get the most out of their relationship.
- The second most intelligent dog might surprise a lot of people. Not only for the fact that they are highly intelligent, but also because they are one of the easiest dogs to train. And that dog is the Poodle. Yes the Poodle comes in at number two on our list of intelligent dogs. They love people, and because of this they don’t like to be left alone. They are very protective and can become quite vicious if anybody encroaches upon their property or territory.
- And the number one all-time most intelligent dog of all is the Border Collie. The Border Collie is another dog that is often seen winning competitions. They’re highly intelligent, but along with that intelligence comes the need for them to be stimulated regularly. They’re happiest when they’re working or performing in competitions or dog trials. So there you go, if you have a Border Collie, you know you have the most intelligent dog in the world, provided of course, that you have trained it well.